Yesterday’s order was for 75 Bombardier C Series aircraft. These are exciting times for Delta Airlines as it moves forward with its expansion plans.
- Indigo to start flying on the Cochin-Muscat sector
- Etihad to start flying the A380 with onboard Residence Suites to Mumbai
- Oman Air opens up a new sector in Iran – Mashhad
- KLM-Air France Oh My! Deals on flights to Europe and beyond. Last couple of days to avail of superb fares
- Delta seals multi billion narrow body aircraft order with Bombardier
- Boeing seals multi billion 787 Dreamliner deal with China Eastern
- Qatar Airways to increase flights to South Africa
- Singapore Airlines now flies its entire range of subsidiaries to India-Singapore Airlines, Scoot, Tiger Airways & SilkAir
- Air India to start flying to Vienna
- Etihad in codeshare partnership with Avianca for flights to Bogota and Madrid via London Heathrow
Contenders in the running include the Boeing 787 Dreamliner and Airbus A350. Both are modern light weight aircraft capable of flying long haul routes and are not fuel guzzlers unlike older models of aircraft.
This expansion would enable Oman Air to open up new destinations on the cards like Madrid, Rome, Brussels, Moscow and Shanghai.
Boeing would be the ideal choice since Oman Air already operates the Dreamliner 8 series but the Airbus A350 is sure going to give it a run for its money no doubt.
Qatar Airways will operate an additional 10 flights per week from Doha to Salalah during the Khareef rainy season from 1st June to 30th September 2016. Equipment will be a mix of Airbus A320/A321 aircraft.
Salalah is the only place in the Gulf that receives the monsoon rains when the rest of the region gets literally roasted in the hot summer months. This makes it a top holiday spot for families during the summer.
· EVN ( Yerevan ) flights effective 15th May 2016
· ATL ( Atlanta ) flights effective 1st Jun 2016
· RAK ( Marrakech ) flights effective 1st Jul 2016
· PSA ( Pisa ) flights effective 1st Aug 2016
· SJJ ( Sarajevo ) flights effective 7th Sep 2016
· WDH ( Windhoek ) flights effective 27th Sep 2016
· HEL ( Helsinki ) flights effective 10th Oct 2016
· AKL ( Auckland ) flights effective 2nd Dec 2016
· KBV ( Krabi ) flights effective 5th Dec 2016 and
· SEZ ( Seychelles ) flights effective 11th Dec 2016
Oman Air launched its second daily service to London Heathrow. The flight departs from Muscat International at 0125 and arrives in London at 0600. The return flight departs London at 0825 arriving into Muscat at 1855 local time.
Equipment used is the Airbus 330-300 in a 3 class configuration – First, Business & Economy. The terminal at London Heathrow for this particular service is T4 while the earlier service operates from T3.
The aircraft had begun taxiing and the couple were about to switch off their mobile when they received a call informing them about the critical condition of their grandson.
The couple alerted the cabin crew who in turn informed the pilot. The pilot took a call to abort the takeoff and returned to the gate. Ground staff assisted the couple to disembark and proceed to the hospital.
All credit to the pilot and crew of Etihad Airways who went beyond the call of duty !